This committee advises the Board and some of its primary functions are to:
- Seek to ensure that the Malvern Hills Trust always acts within its powers, complies with charity legislation and acts in accordance with best practice
- Monitor the performance of the Board and its committees and compliance with Standing Orders and the Code of Conduct for its members
- Ensure that there is an appropriate risk management system in place
- Monitor the internal governance arrangements and policies to ensure they are up-to-date
- Oversee a system of induction and training for Board members
Meeting agenda (PDF)
Meeting papers (PDF)
Meeting minutes (PDF)
Previous meeting minutes (PDF)
Temporary arrangements during Covid-19 restrictions
All the Committee and Board meetings are open to the public, except where personnel matters or commercially sensitive matters are to be discussed or where legal professional privilege applies.
Committee and Board meetings are now being held face-to-face. However, some venues are not changing their Covid precautions and in addition, for the safety of all attending the meetings, the Trust will carry out its own risk assessment for each venue. For the safety of all those attending the meeting:
- Social distancing will be maintained and all present will be asked to wear a face mask (unless exempt).
- The number of people able to be present at each venue will be restricted and limited numbers of places will be available for members of the public. Anyone wishing to attend must apply in writing to email@example.com or write to Mrs L Parish at the Trust’s office giving your name, email address and contact telephone number for the purposes of Covid-19 contact tracing. If a place is available you will be sent confirmation.
- Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once the venue is at capacity we will no longer be able to admit people and turning up to meetings without pre-booking means that you risk being excluded.
Members of the public wishing to make a comment at the start of the meeting may either submit a short statement which can be read out (which will take no longer than 3 minutes to read), or may book a place and address the meeting. In either case, this must be received no later than 12 noon, one clear day before the meeting (e.g. for a meeting on a Thursday evening, by 12 noon on Tuesday).
For a committee meeting, the statement must be relevant to a matter on the agenda for the meeting.
Statements submitted before the deadline will be posted on the Trust’s website (where possible), circulated to trustees and read out verbatim at the meeting. The Trust reserves the right not to publish or read out any statements which contain information which may be defamatory or are otherwise in breach the law.
Please note that our meeting agendas will be added prior to upcoming meetings. Meeting minutes are signed off at Board meetings therefore some minutes may only be available as draft.