This committee advises the Board and some of its primary functions are to:
- Seek to ensure that the Malvern Hills Trust always acts within its powers, complies with charity legislation and acts in accordance with best practice
- Monitor the performance of the Board and its committees and compliance with Standing Orders and the Code of Conduct for its members
- Ensure that there is an appropriate risk management system in place
- Monitor the internal governance arrangements and policies to ensure they are up-to-date
- Oversee a system of induction and training for Board members
Meeting agenda (PDF)
Meeting papers (PDF)
Meeting minutes (PDF)
Previous meeting minutes (PDF)
All the Committee and Board meetings are open to the public, except where personnel matters or commercially sensitive matters are to be discussed or where legal professional privilege applies.
Although the Government has removed legal restraints on indoor gatherings, the responsibility for conducting these safely has been passed to individual organisations. For the safety of all attending the meetings, the Trust will carry out its own risk assessment for each venue. Social distancing will be maintained at meetings and all present will be asked to wear a face mask (unless exempt). Numbers of people attending meetings may be limited.
If you wish to attend, please email Cindy@malvernhills.org.uk to book your place.
Members of the public wishing to make a comment at the start of the meeting may either submit a short statement which can be read out (which will take no longer than 3 minutes to read), or may book a place and address the meeting. In either case, this must be received no later than 12 noon, one clear day before the meeting (e.g. for a meeting on a Thursday evening, by 12 noon on Tuesday).
For a committee meeting, the statement must be relevant to a matter on the agenda for the meeting.
Statements submitted before the deadline will be posted on the Trust’s website (where possible), circulated to trustees and read out verbatim at the meeting. The Trust reserves the right not to publish or read out any statements which contain information which may be defamatory or are otherwise in breach the law.
Please note that our meeting agendas will be added prior to upcoming meetings. Meeting minutes are signed off at Board meetings therefore some minutes may only be available as draft.